Wednesday, February 15, 2012

No Turning Back!

So this week has got me evaluating the choices I have made in my life. Especially the decisions that have resulted  in life changing consequences whether they were good or bad. All this come about really because I have been going to a divorce support group at my church and it is bringing up all kinds of emotions and memories. What I have found and what I will say with the utmost conviction and honesty is that I know that I did everything that I could have done to try to save my marriage, and the fact that these attempts failed aren't my fault and that I can stop feeling guilty now. In fact I feel completely at peace now and know that the Lord tore me down so that he could build me back up into the strong christian woman I am today with loving and very supportive parents, friends and church community. The Lord says that we are created in his image, so it only makes sense that he would strip away the ugly shells that had formed over time, to once again reveal the light filled people we are supposed to be. Who in their right mind would want to go back to the former? Not this Woman! 

No comments: