Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Social Media is my Boyfriend!

So it was early this morning as I was working on my blog and my Facebook page that I had a personal epiphany about my relationship with social media as a whole. It occurred to me that if I added up the hours spent Face booking  and Tweeting and  G+-ing and Youtubing etc,etc,etc, over the last 3 1/2  years I would come up with the equivalent of a 1 year relationship had I  actually been in one. Doesn't  it seem sometimes like social media is our partner, our boyfriend or girlfriend? I mean we talk to it, confess our sins, our  fears, our  hopes,  our  dreams, dream big, expect big things from it when we interact from it, hang on  its every word back to us, long for a  reply to a question, a problem,  a request? Sounds like a relationship to  me! And at this point in my life, that is about the only kind of relationship partner I really want right now. Anything or anyone else would just complicate things.

No comments: